What is E-reader and Their Benefits
An e-reader, which is also unknown as an electronic reader is a device for reading content, such as e-books, newspapers and other documents. A standalone e-reader typically has wireless connectivity for downloading content as well as conducting other Web-based tasks. Most e-book readers use special e-ink displays. They are practically glare-free and allow the device to be used even directly under sunlight. The most popular dedicated e-readers are ‘’Amazon’s Kindle’’.
Benefits of E-Reader:
One of the biggest benefits of eBooks is that they require no trees to create them. This is an absolutely eco-friendly option that both reduces cost and lowers environmental impact. There are the following benefits of eBooks.
Information can be obtained on an eBook without leaving your desk.
- If you need to do some last-minute research on a particular topic? Simply just find a great eBook store, search for your keywords or phrases, purchase the book and you are set.
- Unlike paper books and materials, these digital books just require one device to carry around with you. Which means you can carry a library of various book genres for every mood.
- E-Books can lower the cost of enjoying your beloved titles. With no shipping and handling costs, they typically have prices that are 50-60 percent lower than their print counterparts.
- E-Books are more flexible than those of paper books. People who have trouble reading the typical book-sized font, these eBook readers can enlarge the font size to make reading more pleasurable and easier on the eyes.
- E-Books can contain multi-media elements so audio and video can be embedded to make reading a fully immersive experience.
- If you ever wonder where that great passage in your favorite book went to? Worry not with eBooks you can mark passages, save pages as well as search text before, during or after you read.
What to look for in an eBook reader
There are several things that you need to consider when choosing an eBook reader. Choosing an eBook reader is much like choosing many other electronic gadgets and even cars in on key respect. It all relies on what you want to do with it. Since the features count a lot; the following features are currently the ones to pay attention to.
- Memory: How many eBooks or other documents does the eBook reader have space for? And can this memory capacity be increased?
- Format type: Can the particular eBook reader handle a variety of file types or only one type? Is this capability reflected in the price?
- Connectivity: Does the eBook reader have 3G as well as Wi-Fi connectivity?
- Viewability: Is it smooth to read and which eBook readers seem most like the pages of a book? Some readers have more of this feeling than others.
- Color: Black & white or color? Both have advantages and drawbacks.
- Size: Must compare the eBook reader screen with the screen of non-dedicated eBook readers such as an iPad or to your laptop to see which you prefer and if you are happy to scale down your screen reading experience.
- Reflectiveness: One of the advantages of black & white eBook readers is that they can be read in full sunlight without reflecting or glaring, or loss of image, unlike a laptop and color eBook, or an iPad. So if you are planning on reading outdoors a lot, keep this consideration at the forefront.
- Weight and comfort: Every person’s impression of weight and feel is definitely different but there are some things to assess like, does it weigh less than your usual paperback? Yes, it should. Is it simple to carry and hold? You don’t want something that is bulky and awkward, or hard to carry.
- Battery life: What is the battery life promised by the company? Of course, you don’t want an eBook reader that runs out quickly after an hour of sitting on your hammock at the beach.
- Easy downloading: Is it simple to download eBooks? Do you have to connect to the computer or it can easily be done without a computer as the intermediary? This is important when choosing an eBook reader as a gift especially for an older person who is not that keen on fiddling with the latest technology.
- Others: Does it allow you to add notes? How easy and simple is the process? Few readers have keyboards that work well. Others are a bit difficult to use and can distract you easily from your reading. How easy is it to page back or find something? Are there dictionaries and is it possible to upload the new ones?
Tips regarding e-books:
There are few tips we always try to provide to the students when they are reading on their own e-Readers. We have created this list because most of the students cannot use these e-readers in the right way. This is the reason why they can’t take advantage of the massive benefits that the e-Reader can give you while reading your favorite books and texts.
- Remember these few tips
- Don’t try to imitate a page in a book.
- Always arrange your text in columns.
- Only use Sans Serif fonts if it’s an option.
- Try to increase font size until each line has only 4-6 words.
- Increase space between lines.
- Decrease background lighting on the phone or tablet.
You can become an active reader by directing your eyes with your finger.
The responses below are not provided, commissioned, reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any financial entity or advertiser. It is not the advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.